enjoy!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Os amores da minha vida

Os amores da minha vida

quinta-feira, 9 de abril de 2009

General Conference Weekend

The first weekend of the month of April was special because it was time once again to have General Conference. As you may agree every session was unbelievable! Personally I felt that this Conference was so different from all the others in the sense that I felt that the general authorities were way more personal than usual. They shared more about their own families and for that reason I think they were so much more emotional. The experiences shared by most of them really hit home and I believe it touched anyone who listened to them. I interpreted on Sunday and we had the chance once again to be visited by Elder Richard G. Scott who is always so mindful of all the interpreters. He always makes sure to send a word of encouragement or to visit us personally during the early morning devotional which precedes Conference. He visited us at the translation center on Sunday morning and as soon as he walked in and my eyes set on him I started to tear up right away. The spirit that he projects is contagious. He looked around the room at all the faces and then he proceeded to shake hands. He came to me as I was sitting and stared into my eyes and i stared back. His stare pierces you in a way that it doesn't cause you to worry, it just gives you peace. My tears were just about to fall and I felt such love from him. It was a wonderful experience. Elder Scott spoke to us and gave us all an apostolic blessing. He blessed us with" an increase of the gift of tongues not only during this Conference but every time it is needed in future events". The work of interpretation and translation is not easy especially live but it always helps to know that the general authorities are praying for us. Elder Scott made sure to tell us all that the Brethren spend many, many hours in the preparation of all these talks and that they rely on us, the interpreters to convey their message in the spirit that it is given. Majority of the members in foreign languages do not know the general authorities' voices. They only know the interpreter's voice. The responsibility on our shoulders is enormous because it is through our interpretation that they will feel the spirit and it is through our voice that they will be taught the gospel. Having the knowledge of a language is extremely important but it isn't enough. Without the spirit you can't do this work. I have witnessed and lived great spiritual experiences in that little booth where the eyes of the world can not penetrate. They can't see us but they can hear us and it is the spirit that definitely magnifies our calling. Preparation and prayer will allow the spirit to step in when it is beyond our capacity. I have seen miracles happen in that room. Anything is possible during a live session of General Conference and the Lord is aware of that therefore His influence is notorious. None of us can do His work just by relying on language proficiency and fluency. The key is to be prepared and to be humble during that preparation and performance. I know that every time I interpret it helps me more than I help other people. It is a balm for my soul. It helps me to cleanse my thoughts and I allow myself to leave the worries of my own world outside those doors so that I can focus and be teachable in order to be a vessel for His voice. My own testimony grows with every single opportunity.

1 comentário:

  1. What a great experience to be able to have!! It is great to feel that immense Love our Heavenly Father has for every one of us!!

    ResponderEliminar

Brenton, Allie and Me

Brenton, Allie and Me
Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Happy Fabulous Birthday!
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
This free greeting generated with Smilebox
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Here we GOOOOOO!!!!!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own picture slideshow
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: gone camping 2009
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free scrapbooking design
Click to play this Smilebox postcard: Pirata Brenton
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
This postcard design customized with Smilebox
Click to play this Smilebox photobook: special moments in 2009
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
A photo book by Smilebox

Brenton's Field Trip May 2009 1st Grade


background

Eliana on her Wedding Day

Eliana on her Wedding Day
September 27, 2008