Someone in my ward who is a woman and a mother started her talk in Sacrament meeting by saying:
"Today is Mother's day and just because it is Mother's day it does not mean that every woman is happy today." Everyone started laughing maybe because of how true it that is! hahahaha!
Isn't it interesting how hard this day can actually be on us?...
My day started a little rough, a little sad because somehow there are those who in their quest to make things right in other areas make you feel that you are just in the way and that you are not that important after all. That really hit me that morning but as the kids and I went to church and listened, and enjoyed that time together, and as a I taught my lesson in Relief Society, those feelings of inadequacy almost imposed by circumstances slowly disappeared and I really enjoyed myself. I was again reminded that I am a good mother to my children and the love I have for them is unique, unconditional and incomparable. I love them in a way that only a Mother can, one who has chosen their well being over hers and one who chooses to continue to be there for them no matter what. In my blog's playlist I have a song by Martina McBride entitled "In My Daughter's Eyes" and that has been Allie's and mine song since she was very little and she says so every time it plays:) but the lyrics are definitely about what Allie and Brenton mean and do for me and how they have truly changed my life.
After church the kids and I spent a good time together and the cutest thing was when without me saying anything they came up with some surprises of their own. They told me to go sit down on the couch and wait for something they were going to prepare. After a while:) they showed up with this very yummy treat they prepared which included yogurt, sliced bananas and strawberries, chocolate and amendoas de chocolate that my mom had sent from Portugal! It was awesome!!!! Those two little ones are the best. Shari also helped them give me something for Mother's day which was a necklace with a key to their heart") so cute!!! I love you Allie and Brenton:)
Mother's day in Portugal is on the 1st weekend of the month of May so I got to wish my mom a wonderful day both times:) She is undoubtedly the best mother anyone could ever wish for. Always has been and I love her with all my heart. She is what the word Mother is all about and I'm among those few that have actually been truly blessed with a wonderful woman in their life. She is my hero and I look up to her. Para ti, maezita...
-
►
2009
(95)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (2)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (3)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (2)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (48)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (3)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (8)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (12)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (12)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (2)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (1)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (1)
- ► 12/20 - 12/27 (1)
Os amores da minha vida
segunda-feira, 31 de maio de 2010
Subscrever:
Enviar feedback (Atom)
Brenton, Allie and Me
![]() |
| This free greeting generated with Smilebox |
![]() |
| Personalize your own picture slideshow |
![]() |
| A photo book by Smilebox |
Brenton's Field Trip May 2009 1st Grade
Fairy's Dust
background
Eliana on her Wedding Day
September 27, 2008














I am glad that the woman in your ward said that because now I know that I am not the only crazy mom who spends every mothers day crying my eyes out because all I can think of is how I fall short. I am glad that your mothers day turned out better in the end
ResponderEliminar